With four categories, there are now even more chances to win. Be one of those winners! Revisit your daylily photo collection to select your photos to enter in the WDS 2021 Photo Contest!
Remember to indicate which category you are entering each photo.
Email your entries to Conrad Wrzesinski at email@example.com. The deadline to enter is February 2, 2021. The contest rules with a description of the four categories are listed below.
2020 Photo Contest Rules
- All entrants must be members of the Wisconsin Daylily Society.
- Photos may be of a named cultivar or a seedling. If you submit a picture of a named cultivar, please include the name of the cultivar.
- Photos may be submitted in the following four categories:
- Category 1: Single Flower – Close-up of a single bloom without companion plants or other daylilies prominent in the background.
- Category 2: Clump – Group of two more daylily flowers without companion plants or other daylilies prominent in the background.
- Category 3: Daylilies in the Landscape – A daylily clump with companion plants or multiple daylilies in a garden or landscape setting.
- Category 4: Creative Artistry – A daylily viewed from a different perspective or a garden critter landing on or nestled in a daylily flower.
- Each entrant may submit a maximum of four photos distributed in any fashion among the categories of their choice. With a family membership, each family member may submit four photos for the contest.
- Photos must be submitted in digital form in high resolution.
- If an entrant submits multiple photos, only one picture may win regardless of the total number of votes each image receives.
- The person submitting the photo must have taken the picture.
- Photos need not be taken in the submitter’s garden.
- A vote of the WDS membership will select winning photos. Each WDS member may vote for only one photo in each category.
- The Wisconsin Daylily Society reserves the right to display winning photos at WDS functions, including but not limited to the WDS website, WDS Garden Expo booth, WDS scrapbook, WDS Facebook, or in WDS presentations.
- Contest winners will receive a certificate for a free plant of their choice at the August WDS Daylily Sale, plus their choice of a mug or tile imprinted with their winning photo.